A fellow petrolhead friend, Irwan aka Cardula sent me this link. This is the ultimate petrolhead app for iPhone owners. Or should we say, the ultimate mobile gadget for petrolheads? Seriously folks, this rocks. Bar none. How about a dyno in your pocket? Get 0-100km/h runs, lateral Gs, braking Gs and more! Dynolicious is a motorhead-centric application (available from Apple’s App Store for USD12.99) that uses the iPhone’s built-in accelerometers to effectively give you a GTech Pro in your pocket. Pure genius.
No official word on system requirements (whether it requires v2.0 firmware or otherwise) but here are some features:
* 0-60 MPH
* Other Speed Tests (0-10 MPH through 0-100 MPH in 10MPH increments)
* Quarter Mile Elapsed Time
* Quarter Mile Trap Speed
* Elapsed Time and Trap Speed for standard intervals (60′, 330′, 1/8 Mi, 1000′)
* Lateral G’s (current and peak)
* Braking G’s (current and peak)
* Wheel Horsepower
* Estimated Engine Horsepower
The app will show you your results with a speedometer and graphs, a skidpad display, and also against saved information in the unit. Fanbloodytastic, bros! Who needs a VBox? Or a GTech Pro? All you need is a USD12.99 app with an iPhone. Ok, you still need an iPhone in the first place, but heck, what an awesome combination!
Note: This should work with iPod Touch as well.